Nominations are currently being accepted for the 2016 Tyler ISD Distinguished Alumni Award sponsored by the Tyler ISD Foundation, the Tyler ISD and the Tyler Area Business Education Council. The Distinguished Alumni Award is given annually to a Tyler ISD graduate whose achievements, strength of character and citizenship serve as a model to inspire and challenge current students. Award finalists will have achieved excellence and made impactful and significant contributions to their profession or community.
Nominations for the award will be accepted through 4 p.m. Friday, October 7, and may be submitted in person or mailed to the attention of Dawn Parnell at the Tyler ISD Administration Building located at 1319 Earl Campbell Parkway, Tyler, Texas, 75701 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Nomination forms may be picked up in the District Administration Office or on the www.tylerisd.org website.
The recipient of the Distinguished Alumni Award will be recognized during the Tyler ISD Superintendent’s State of the District Address to the Tyler Area Chamber of Commerce on Wednesday, November 16 at Willow Brook Country Club in Tyler.
A selection committee of representatives from the Tyler ISD Foundation, Tyler Independent School District and Tyler Area Business Education Council will review nominations. Nominees will be selected based on criteria including citizenship, service to community, professional contributions, and character.
• Nominations will be accepted for graduates from any previous or current Tyler ISD high school (Emmett J. Scott High School, John Tyler High School, Robert E. Lee High School, and Tyler High School);
• Nominee must have graduated at least 10 years prior to the nomination (no later than 2006 for 2016);
• Nominee must be able to attend award presentation;
• Nomination must be submitted by another individual. Nominations of self will not be considered;
• Nominee cannot be anyone currently seeking election to a political office;
• Only ONE complete nomination packet per nominee will be accepted;
If multiple packets are received for the same nominee, only the first
packet received by the committee chair will be considered.
• Nomination can include letters of support.
(Pictured: 2015 Distinguished Alumni Award honorees Lonny Uzell, Rev. Orenthia Mason, and Senator Kevin Eltife. Picture taken at the 2015 State of the District event Nov. 19, 2015.)